Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Onion Tomato Sandwich with Sambar powder Indian Style!

Today is last day of the Blogging Marathon Edition #6 and for the last day everybody suggested we do something different. So I paired up two bloggers to cook from each other. I had the names against numbers and paired it by randomly selecting the numbers. We decided to manage however the themes that we choose. Like if one was doing Regional Special, they had the option of selecting the same ingredients from their partner or adapt the recipe with their ingredients.

I was paired with Jay. I remembered this only yesterday and imagine my relief that I don't have to break my head on thinking of a new dish myself. I went through her blog and landed with the most simplest recipe, an Onion tomato Sandwich made with a twist of sambar powder. I have this already on the blog with general masala. Imagine adding Sambar Powder! I was so delighted that I could kill so many events in one shot!

I couldn't chosen so many other interesting recipes from her blog, maybe next time when I plan better. For now let's enjoy this simple yet delicious Twist with our classic sambar powder. I must say it did gave a wonderful taste. It's hot from the pan for you! If you can believe something can be cooked and blogged all within 15 mins, then this is for you.

I served them as mini pieces and was easy to eat.

Sending this to Champa for Kid's Delight themed one Mini Bites
And to my Sandwich Mela




Ingredients Needed

Bread - 4  slices
Onion - 1/2, Julienne
Tomato - 1/2 juicy halve
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Sambar powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - chopped, a handful
Butter - 1 tsp
Oil - 1/2 tsp

Method to prepare:

Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add the onion, saute till they brown.

Then add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Cover and let it cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.

To prepare the sandwich:

Spread butter on the bread slices. Spread some filling between two slices of bread and toast it in a sandwich maker/ make it as tawa sandwich.

Serve with ketchup on the side.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#6

No comments:

Post a Comment