Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ajwain Mini Samosa with Onion | Mini Samosa | Step by Step Recipe for Onion Mini Samosas

I have been breaking my head on what to make for the next post, while I had short listed some, none were things that I could do after getting back from home. Thinking of shortlisting the dishes for mini bites I felt I was doing something different and not really deciding on food. I have been talking to myself since morning and both Athamma, Hubby dear thought I have gone out of mind.

I must say this BM has been the most unplanned one. Though I mostly cook the previous day I will at least plan what to make and get it ready before dinner, so that we can have what I made before dinner. So making all those other dishes were out of question at 8. I had this flash thought that I have always been fond of Ajwain samosa but haven't blogged about it. So mini they will become and they did.

Everybody thought I had made more and were sad that I had only some limited numbers. The mini samosas are always great as it controls how many one eats. Everybody liked it so much that I am sure I am going to make these again.







Ajwain Mini Samosas with Roasted Onions

Ingredients Needed

For the outer layer

All purpose Flour/ Maida - 1 cup
Ajwain / Vammu - 1 tsp (more if you like)
Salt to taste
Ghee - 2 tsp
For stuffing

Onions - 1 medium
Red chili powder - 1/2 tps
Salt to taste
Chat Masala - 1/4 tsp
Amchur powder - a pinch
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp

Oil for deep frying

Method to prepare:

For the Ajwain outer layer

In a bowl, take flour, salt, ajwain and ghee, Mix well. Slowly add water and knead to a stiff dough. Cover with a wet muclin cloth and rest it for 10 mins.

To make the roasted onions.

In a non stick pan, heat oil saut in onion julinnes. Saute till the onions turn brown. Then add all the spices and combine well. Once the onions are brown and roasted well, remove and allow it to cool.

To make the samosas.

For exact steps see Potato Peas Mini Samosa

Dust the dough and roll out thin discs. Using a sharp knife cut into 3 inch strips. Place a spoon of the onion stuff and roll over diagonally across and cover well.

Press the sides and make sure the outer layer covers well.

Heat oil in a kadai and gently slide into the oil once it's hot. Cook over medium flame to get crisp samosas.


Sending this to Champa for Kid's Delight themed one Mini Bites.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#6

No comments:

Post a Comment