Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cheest Toast with Thyme, Red Chili Flakes and Roasted Onions | Quick Microwave Mini Bites

I guess when you are pressed for ideas you really come out with some fantastic dishes. Like these Cheesy Toast with Thyme, Roasted Onions with Red Chili Flakes all made within 3 mins in microwave. well I had the need to make some Party Appetizers in Microwave and come up with a post for BM. With the limited time I had on hand, I was really stretching my ideas far.

Well I don't claim this was an innovation. Only made it differently to suit all the events that this entry has to go..:) Plus the fact that I have now got a new snack that Konda will love it and I can easily get it done is a boon. I normally can't get her eat onions, but in this dish she wanted more of it. And I ended up making it for her again.

So sending these Cheese Toast to Lavanya who is hosting the MEC this month themed on Party Appetizers. I hope you guys will plan to send something.

And to Champa for Kid's Delight themed on Mini Bites.


Ingredients Needed:
Bread Slices - 4
Onions - 1 medium
Dry Thyme - 1 tsp
Mozzarella Cheese - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Red Chili Flakes - 1 tsp or less

Method to prepare:

Trim the bread slices on the sides. Cut into 4 squares.

Chop Onions as julinnes, toss in oil and microwave for 2 mins. These onions turn really well roasted.

Spread the grated cheese on the four squares. Place the roasted onions on top of the cheese. Sprinkle Dry thyme, Salt, Red Chili flakes on top. Micro for 1 minute.

These are ready to munch on.



Notes: It helps to have Red chili flakes ready on hand for such dishes. Making these as mini eats makes it easy to eat as otherwise the bread might get chewy. This will be a quick dish that you can serve at parties, if you have all the other ingredients ready.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#6

No comments:

Post a Comment