Thursday, June 16, 2011

Palak Poori | Spinach Puri ~ Mini Bites for Kids

You can always get the kids eat better when you say you made it just for them in small size. I make small rotis for Konda and I can be sure that she will complete her box, same goes for doses or anything. While Pooris are her favorite, I can still get her interest raised when I say I made them in small size for her. Does that happen with your kids too?

And I was thinking that maybe I should make the best use of the puris and make them power packed. So wanted to try out Spinach mixed pooris. While regular pooris are something that don't face a rejection, these nutritious pooris surely face denial as the kids are reluctant to eat a different colour. Then I thought that maybe I should make it mini pooris and try mu luck.

Yes finally these mini sized pooris simply disappeared. And I plan to make Pink and Orange Pooris too, all mini bites!

I had previously made this very simple and without much of the greens. This time I added more spinach leaves and spices and made them small.



Ingredients Needed:

Wheat flour - 1 cup
Palak /Spinach - 3/4 cup (as per taste and colour)
Salt to taste
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Green Chili paste - 1/2 tsp
Roasted Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp

Oil for deep frying.

Method to prepare:

Wash and blanch the spinach leaves. Puree the leaves. Alternatively you can boil them if you want.

Take the flour in a wide bowl. Mix spices, salt to the flour and combine well.

Then add the spinach puree and mix to the flour. Knead well. Add more water if required. But remember for pooris you have to get a stiff dough. Add more puree if required.

Heat a pan with oil. Pinch out very small ball from the dough and roll out into mini discs. If you want perfect small discs, cut out using a small katori or cup for even shape.

When the oil is hot, gently slide these pooris and fry on both sides.


Sending this to Champa for Kid's Delight themed one Mini Bites

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#6

No comments:

Post a Comment