Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1 Minute Microwave Eggless Chocolate Cake in Mug | Eggless Microwave Cakes | Step by Step Recipe

It was 8 pm when I returned from office when I suddenly had this urge to bake a cake. Naturally it had to be an eggless one. And if it was to be quick it naturally had to be baked in Microwave. Some ages back I had baked in a coffee mug but never came around posting the recipe. I don't remember it came out much like the buttery soft cake. Still it was good.

When this passion for baking got kindled again, I was in search of getting the perfect crumble, soft texture to my cakes, even those baked eggless and in Microwave. When I was chatting with Simmi, she enlighten me on how to get the perfect crumble, by adding cornflour. Wow it was so simple. I knew Cake flour was a flour with corn flour added, but never knew we can get around preparing it at home. Simmi suggested I add 1 tbsp of corn flour to 1 cup of All purpose Flour. 


I have been experimenting with this combo to get the perfect texture. But before that my attempt to bake with my kids around really turned out to be a big hilarious adventure. First I combined everything off very quick while both the boys were pulling around to see what was going next. Luckily I just tasted it and it was really so bitter! I forgot to add sugar. I had already added it to the mug, so hurriedly removed and add the icing sugar. Baked it

Since I felt the first one may not have been right, I wanted to try a new batch, so mixed again. But this time after popping into the oven I realized I forgot to add the Baking Soda! Wow I was really jinked. I was not about to give up, so again blended another batch. It almost sounded like a never ending saga. I got out these cute cups that Raji gifted me when we met. 

In my haste filled it more than needed and by 1 minute it over flew! Whatever the cake that remained at the bottom was very crumbly. 

 
Step by Step Recipe to bake Microwave Eggless chocolate Cake in a Mug

Take the butter in a non stick bowl.

Melt it at 1 melt.
In a bowl, take 1 tsp corn flour
 Add 2 tbsp All purpose flour

Add 1 tsp Baking Soda
Next goes 1 tsp of Cocoa powder
Add the melted butter to the bowl.
 I used some bitter sweet choco chunks
Melted it for 1 min at microwave.

Then add 2 tbsp curds/yogurt tot the bowl
Next goes 2 tsp of cooking oil.

Mix everything together but not very briskly
As I said I added the sugar finally!..

 
This was mug I used.
Grease the mug with butter, pour the batter

Bake it at 1 minute microwave
I made another batch in these cute small coffee cups.

Eggless Chocolate Cake in Mug in 1 minute
Ingredients Needed:

Dry ingredients

All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
Corn Flour - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 1 tsp
Icing Sugar - 2 tbsp

Wet Ingredients

Butter - 2 tsp
Curds/ Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Cooking Oil - 2 tsp

Bitter Sweet Chocolate chunks - 4 pieces.

Method to prepare:

To make the dry ingredients

In a bowl, shift the dry ingredients keep it aside.

Melt the butter in a bowl. Melt the chocolate chunks.

To the dry flours, add the melted butter, curds, oil mix well. then finally add the melted chocolate 

Grease a mug and pour the prepared batter.

Microwave for 1 minute.

Let it rest for 5 minutes before enjoying it.

I served chocolate sauce over it.

Peddu and Chinnu enjoyed it very much. I was trilled to get a quick dessert in as short as 5 mins.


Hubby dear did say that it was very moist though I liked it very much. Maybe since it was baked in microwave mode it came out this way. I baked another version which was really very crumbly and moist still..up next!

Check out my Blogging Marathon buddies in action! Priya Suresh, Jay, Gayathri, Monika, PJ, Priya Vaasu, Azeema, Reva, Ayeesha, Veena, Usha & Soumya.

No comments:

Post a Comment