Monday, January 24, 2011

Vegetable Paratha | Quick Stuffed Parathas for Kids | Kid Friendly Recipes

As per the menu for Konda this week, I had planned for a Vegetable Chapathis. This was a recipe I stored on my online document for a long time. Since planning out a weekly menu I decided it was best to start from that list. When I was hurriedly noting down the menu for this week, I thought this Vegetable Chapathi was interesting enough.

Konda had her cultural program today and wanted me to come early to school to get her ready. She was doing a western dance in a fusion dance number. She said I could take her lunch with me when I go later. But I said I would make the lunch ahead and give her. Just as I thought I may not, I didn't have enough time to roll out these parathas, though the puree was ready.
Then just before leaving I made these and left in a hurry. When I told her that these were the vegetable parathas that I showed her in the Menu list, she was mightily thrilled. She finished off 2 in a quick turn, which is quite a feet. I was left one for my portion. Personally I felt I could taste the rawness of the vegetables in the paratha, but if Konda liked it, well it should be fine for a kid's palette.



Ingredients Needed:

Wheat flour - 1 cup
Carrot - 1/4 cup
Beans - 4 long
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Roasted Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 2 pinches.
Salt to taste
Water - 1/4 cup

Method to prepare:

Wash and peel the carrot and beans. Puree both using little water.

Take the flour in a bowl, add all the spices. Add the puree directly and knead to a soft dough.

Alternately you can saute this puree for couple of mins, if you don't want to use it directly.

Heat a tawa and cook the rolled out chapathis on both sides.



Check out my Blogging Marathon buddies in action! Priya Suresh, Jay, Gayathri, Monika, PJ, Priya Vaasu, Azeema, Reva, Ayeesha, Veena, Usha & Soumya.

No comments:

Post a Comment