Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bombay Grilled Sandwich | Bombay Sandwich | Step By Step Recipes

Ever since seeing these sandwiches in Bombay which was really way back in college days, I have been obsessed with the famous Bombay Sandwiches that are offered. If I am right almost a year ago I was looking at various books and reading on sandwiches when I remembered this sandwich. So I had to read on this. I have been wanting to make this since then.

Coming back from office, I made sure I got other things that is required for making another chat but only after getting back home, I realized that I forgot to buy the main ingredient. My plan was to make both the dishes today but finally settled to make just these sandwiches. 

Between I was so happy to hear Amma saying they enjoyed Dahi Samosa Chat and were expecting me to make it again. Well what more can I ask for!

I told her that I was going to make these Bombay Sandwich and she better not complete her dinner before I can make these. I made both the plain ones and grilled sandwiches. Both were excellent.

I couldn't decide which was more delicious, of course the grilled ones were out of the world and you really ought to trust me on that!


These fresh ones got soggy, well my Green Chutney was little runny and I didn't get time to drain them. Still yummy!

Coriander leaves, Mint leaves and Green chilies for the Green chutney

Cucumber slices, Onions, Tomatoes and Boiled Potatoes. Well I had even Beets but that was going little far I know!
Grated Cheese for the grilled Version.
Trim the sides, butter the slices.
Now don't ask me where the Green chutney bowl. I seem to have forgotten to click that alone. anyway you see the green chutney being spread over the butter.

Next goes Cucumber slices, Onions, Tomatoes, Potatoes and you press the other slice over this. Actually they even make it three slices, well I wanted to get this done fast!


Finally sprinkle the cheese over the slice and flip it over the other. Well this way your cheese will fall down, best was sprinkling over the other slice.

Bombay Sandwiches | Bombay Grilled Sandwiches

For Green Chutney:

Coriander Leaves - 1/2 cup tightly packed
Mints leaves  - 1/2 cup tightly packed
Green Chilies - 3 medium
Salt to taste

For Assembling the Sandwich

Cucumber Slices, Tomato Slices, Boiled Potatoes, Onion Slices as required
Butter as required
Chat Masala - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste

Grated Cheese for Grilled version.

Method to prepare:

To make the Green Chutney

Wash and chop the coriander and mint leaves. In a mixer take the leaves along with green chilies, salt. make it into a smooth paste. Try not to add too much of water.

To assemble the Sandwich

Peel and finely slice the vegetables into thin slices.

Trim the bread on all sides if required. Apply butter on a bread, then apply the green chutney all over.

Place cucumber, tomato, onion, boiled potatoes, sprinkle salt, Chat Masala and pepper if required

Then place the other slice over one and cut into bite size.


To make grilled Bombay Sandwich:

Once you are done with placing the sandwich, spread the grated cheese over it.

I grilled my sandwich in my sandwich maker and it turned out superb.


Hubby dear was very enthusiastic seeing me do something new. There are some famous Sandwich shops that we know and he said I look like how they make. After tasting he agreed these were best. Konda loved it so much that she insisted I make some more for her. So it was really a fantastic experience making this at home. Will surely be making this again.

 
This goes to Kid's Delight themed on Street Food and to PJ's Flavors of Maharasthtra

Check out the 25 bloggers running the next 7 days for the Blogging Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment