Friday, July 8, 2011

Paneer 65 Recipe | Indian Cottage Cheese Golden Fries | Easy and Quick Snack for Kids

Guess I need not say how much we love Paneer at home. By we I meant Konda, Peddu and myself. I can surely trust them to finish off anything paneer. While Chinnu loves to eat the paneer in PBM, he doesn't like it otherwise. Of course in most times when I make this snack there is hardly anything left for the elders at home. I simply added my name to the list to say they get the liking from me..:)

We have our club restaurant making something called as Andhra Paneer, a dish that is very spicy and super delicious (I know my dad will be furious reading the word super, but I guess it's now part of the language) Anyway they also have something called Paneer 65. We always order only paneer starters and of course paneer gravy for the meal. We never can get tired I tell you!

Those were those days, these days with the paneer being made at home so often, I am really tired of making just the same old menu. And it's cumbersome to make everybody eat that every week. So we resorted to making these different starters, which disappear the moment it's made. Remember Paneer Bonda? Well this is another batch that got done. 



Ingredients Needed:

Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese - 400 gms, cubed into big pieces.
All purpose flour / Maida - 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Corn Flour - 1 tbsp
Chat Masala - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Method to prepare:

I used homemade paneer. 

Take all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix together so that all the ingredients coat the paneer pieces well. Sprinkle some water to make sure the flour sticks to the paneer. 

Heat a pan with oil. Once it's hot, gently drop in the paneer pieces and fry on all sides.

Drain on a kitchen towel. 

Enjoy with ketchup

Paneer 65 ver 1 on Cooking 4 all seasons
Other Easy and Quick snacks for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment