Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jowar Vegetable Soup | Diabetes Diet Food

After the Jowar Drink for a healthy start, it had to be a soup. The diet that I was given featured lot of soups and we had to come up with different versions of soup to cover the items. A hot broth makes you feel so good anytime you drink it. Make it more filling by adding Vegetables, it becomes a complete meal by itself.

When I did that Diet program, my entire schedule revolved around soups and drinks that had to be filling as I was only consuming that the whole day. I know Jowar may not be available in all places, I really wish it was. So another post right away might be boring too. But we decided to do a week of Jowar and it happened that we ended up making it the next day. When I had it for breakfast, it was so filling that I didn't remember my lunch.


Ingredients Needed:

Jowar / Jonna - 2 tbsp
Carrots, Cabbage, Beans, chopped - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp

Method to prepare:

After you make the Jowar grains or rava, store them in air tight container to enjoy many more dishes like this.

Take 2 tbsp of Jowar, add two cups of water, bring to boil.

Once it's 75% done, add the chopped vegetables and continue boiling to get the vegetables cooked.

Finally add salt and pepper for taste.

Enjoy this broth for a breakfast or dinner.



Do check out my fellow bloggers who are doing the Blogging Marathon # 4 along with me.

Diabetes Diet/Management: Srivalli, Champa, Harini, PJ  
Kid Friendly Recipes: Kalyani, Shylaja, Veena
Seven Days of Soup: Usha, Sowmya  
30 Minutes Meals: Priya Suresh
Seven days of Cakes:  Anusha

No comments:

Post a Comment