Thursday, December 29, 2011

Aloo Sandwich | Grilled Aloo Sandwich | How to Make Indian Stuffed Sandwiches with Potatoes Step by Step Recipe

Imagine riding against a wind strong enough to make your bike sway and chill drizzle hitting your face and all you could see were blurry images far off because you were busy trying not to get dust into your eyes. Well that's how I was coming back home from work this evening because the cyclone Thane was in full swing. This morning when I woke up, I almost thought it was midnight. It was pitch dark and I couldn't imagine why it was so. I went back to sleep and when I woke up again I understood the reason.

The whole day at work was almost cold and since we were doing the final snack of our December Drizzle at office, we were all busy not to notice the cyclone. We made Vegetable Soya chunks Biryani. I even made my colleagues take step by step pictures for the blog. And when it was all done, you could see some ten satisfied faces on job well done.
Coming to this Aloo Sandwich, it was such a delicious mix of spices and I can never say no for a sandwich. With the release due end of this month, my team has been working during the weekends and I thought I should appreciate their hard work with some homemade sandwiches. Since Aloo Sandwiches were already featured and knowing my team loves spicy food, I decided to make the masala more spicy and tangy. Surprising part was that both Konda and Peddu loved it. 


Even though I can't technically tag this colourful palette, I still would want to send this to Veena, who is hosting this month's Kid's Delight event. When I opened the sandwiches, it was colourful with the coriander and aloo etc. Ok it might be hard to accept, let's just say I want other kiddos to enjoy this sandwiches!..:)


Saute onion julienne with Pav Bhaji Masala, Chat Masala, salt, Amchur, green chilies in oil
Add fresh coriander leaves.
Microwave potatoes for 8 mins, then mash well.
Add the mashed potatoes to the pan
Mix and adjust the spices.
Trim the bread and spread the stuffing.
Pre heat the sandwich maker and grill till done.

Aloo Sandwich with Pav Bhaji and Chat Masala:

Ingredients Needed:

Bread Slices - 8
Potatoes - 2 medium
Onions - 1 big
Green Chillies - 2 medium
Pav Bhaji Masala - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala - 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Kala Namak a small pinch
Oil - 1 tsp
Butter for toasting

How to make Aloo Sandwich

Wash and mw potatoes for 6 - 7 mins, once done soak in water and peel. Then mash well, keep it aside.

Heat a non stick pan with oil. Saute onion julienne and green chilies till they turn colour, add all the masalas and mix well. 

Then add the potato mash and combine everything well. Adjust spice if required.

Meanwhile pre heat the sandwich maker.

Trim the bread slices on all sides as required. Scoop out the masala over one bread, cover with the other and press well. 

Grease the sandwich maker with butter, place the bread grease on the top slice and cover to grill. Grill till done.

Serve with sauce!

Sending this to Kid's Delight, hosted by Veena this month themed on colourful palette


With this we are done with the Blogging Marathon for this month. It's been a wonderful session with my friends. As always weeks seem to pass in a jiffy!


My recap of last 6 days!


With this post I will also be completing a year of starting Blogging Marathon. Something that I started to get myself motivated to post regularly as become a group and a community! I have enjoyed our sessions, discussions and reading each other's posts. Looking forward to see a new start with new goals and new recipes. 

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 11

No comments:

Post a Comment