Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Blogging Marathon # 11 - 7 Day Marathon!

It all started during the last few days of 2010 when I suddenly thought I must do something different for this blog of mine. If I remember right, the thought struck me at almost midnight. I was restless to throw this idea to couple of friends. I had decided to do a month long marathon and that's it. Friends who showed interest, I simply said you got to post everyday no matter what you post.

It generated so much interest in everybody, I was asked to continue, this time with specific themes to make it more interesting. I have immensely enjoyed doing these BMs. Not just for being active, but for all the good friends I have gathered over these 12 months. Many with whom I have always been connected, but BM connected us differently. We have a great forum that gives room to share and discuss.This gives you a perfect platform to support, encourage and be encouraged.

I am thankful to the bloggers who have always joined me in the run, it's been great reading and enjoying what they do and how well they carry on with their blogs.

Blogging Marathon helped us build a great community which makes sure we read and support you. If you have been following us, then you know that not only do we support the other blogger by reading and commenting, we also have a private discussions which is an open forum. Though I have not been very strict, from previous edition on, I have insisted on everybody actively taking part in the discussions and to read the other participating bloggers. If you are not ready for this, then this is not for you.

Since the 6th edition, I have created a separate page for Blogging Marathon. Once I get all details I will be updating this page. Bloggers taking part in this marathon need to just link back to this page.

If you want to know how the Blogging Marathon started, read the first edition

So the 11th edition will 16th - 22nd December and the second group will start on 23rd - 29th December.

Please email me at spicingyourlife@gmail.com latest by 12th December along with your theme.

FYI:  Requests to join after 12th December will not be accepted.

Mandatory rules for this Blogging Marathon are as below:

Will have to post on all 7 days without fail
Should follow the accepted theme all 7 days, meaning if you choose one topic like Rice, you should post all rice based recipes all 7 days.
Should link to the Blogging Marathon page.
Should actively give feedback on others post.

Other rules will be mailed to the individuals.

Themes for this edition are the following.

Special bonus for members who will take up two weeks - for the second week, they can do a mix of themes or stick to one theme. But this is only for two weeks in a row.
Preps and Preserves

Before the actual cooking, there are lot of things that goes into the prepping and chopping. There are many ways to slice an onion for different dishes. For example if you have an easy way to peel pineapple, share that with step by step pictures. Basically the prep should be used in some cooking and this is not for food carving. The prepping can be with an fruit or vegetable.

Preserves would cover dishes that are prepared ahead to the actual cooking or some dishes where you show how to preserve a dish. This doesn't cover those typical pickle recipes. However it can include dishes like how to preserve onions or chilies in vinegar etc. The preserved ingredient can be consumed as such or used in cooking. Basically let's say this is your essential part of starting to cook.

Need an idea, check out my last BM for ideas. I am repeating this because many wanted me to have this theme again.

Lunch Box Ideas

This is yet another repeat and is one of my favorite theme. Posts under this theme should picture a complete meal. Though you need not necessarily post all the recipes, it can be from previous posts. But imagine packing or focusing a complete lunch box in a post. Again it can be with step by step pictures or a final picture with all the dishes on focus.

Colourful palette for Kids

Kids love colourful things and when the food presented to them is colourful, it naturally gets their attention. So cook up anything that's colourful and pack them to Veena, my next Kid's Delight hostess.

Holiday Special

December is a month for holidaying. And I invite you all to prepare holiday food. Anything that you cook specially during holidays, could be weekends too. However basically it refers to those special dishes that you would plan ahead and make for your family.

Bihari Special Dishes 

This time I decided I should select the state and ask you to cook from it. So check out Wiki that lists out those delicious dishes made in Bihar and cook different dish from each course of meal and post during your BM week.

Seven days of Idlies

Now being from South, I love Idlies, like 101 Dosa Varieties, it's been my aim to cover as many varieties in Idlies too. So make 7 different varieties in Idlies and I can assure you I will be most happy!

Baking with egg replaced (Cakes, Cupcakes, Muffins, Cookies Only)

Now as you know this space boasts of Vegetarian Baking. In my books, vegetarian means without eggs, so bake using any of the egg replacements you know and enjoy the season. of course as I have listed only cakes, cupcakes, muffins and cookies. No other baked varieties is allowed.
Please spread the details if you want your friends to be part of this marathon.

Let's gear up for another non stop blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment