Monday, August 15, 2011

Hung Curds Sandwich | Sandwich with Hung Curds Dip

We are starting the Blogging Marathon 8th Edition today. You can check on the participating bloggings in Blogging Marathon Page. As with other editions, I wanted to come up with themes that are challenging. I hope the bloggers take up the challenging themes and entertain us with amazing recipes.

I have chosen to do Cooking without fire for Kids. This is going to be the theme for this month's Kid's Delight hosted by Kamalika. I wanted to make sure I send in my share of entries. So took it up for the BM, which will force me to do the posts naturally.

For the theme, if you are using milk/curds, it is assumed that you already have boiled milk or set curds..:)



I sat really hard trying to make dishes that are kid friendly yet that can be made without cooking. I hope you enjoy these recipes and try out for your kids. As with all kids, all these recipes are not every kid's favorite. I have found that not all my three kids like the same dish. There are couple of dishes that are favorites of all three. Other ones which are liked by Konda and Peddu. Especially the recipes with bread, Chinnu makes sure he stays away.

So you will have to experiment with your kid and arrive at those dishes that they end up eating always.

For the first day, I decided to make sandwich with Hung Curds dip.

Hung Curds Dip

Curds / Yogurt - 1/2 cups
Pepper powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste

For the sandwich

Bread Sandwich - 4 slices 


How to make Hung Curds Dip

Place the curds on the sieve and let it stand for 15 - 20 mins. The whey water will all be come out. If you want you can keep it for longer time.

Mix in pepper powder and salt, beat well to get a creamy dip. 

Trim the bread slices and spread the dip on the sandwiches and serve.

Lot of variations can be done with the dip, you can use different flavours.

Sending this to Kamalika, who is hosting this month's edition of Kid's Delight, themed on No Fire Cooking for Kids.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#8

No comments:

Post a Comment