Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bread Pakoda with Aloo Masala Stuffed | Potato Stuffed Bread Fritters | Step By Step Recipes for Kids' Lunch Box

While I was going through my file to determine what else I can plan for Konda's lunch. Off late it has become kind a routine. Then I was going through the menu ideas that my GDM friends shared, one of them mentioned they do these pakodas. Well how very interesting I thought. Because one would always associate these to be served as snack or for evening tiffin. Now why would a kid say no for such delightful dishes being packed for lunch.

After my ideas for sandwiches, I thought I should do with the lunches too and am working on that. Meanwhile I was able to do this right way, almost immediately after I had the inspiration. Guess what more, this can be a breezy thing to get done, if you have a leftover masala on hand. While I strongly never accord to send anything leftover for her lunch, when it is sufficiently cooked, there should not be a problem

I was so happy when Konda came back to say not only she loved it, her friends enjoyed it too. Guess she didn't get to eat much of it herself. I made a note to self that I should pack more of such stuff.



I remember Amma making Bread Pakodas, funny how I never came around posting our yummy Bread pakodas. When Amma gets to make Pakodas, she has an array of vegetables and other things for pakodas, bread being an integral part of it.
Interesting how stuffing this makes it so delicious for kids. To make it more healthy, I pan fried these pakodas, though two were deep fried. Bread absorbs so much oil that it's just so hideous. And shallow fried pakodas tasted just as well.

Step by Step pictures

Get the besan batter ready



On one of the slice, spread the masala,
Press the other one on top and press well for it to get sealed.

Diagonally cut the bread and spread the besan batter on top. Grease a pan and cook on both sides.



Aloo Stuffed Bread Pakodas | Low Calorie Lunch for Kids

Ingredients Needed:

For the Batter

Chickpea flour / Besan - 1/2 cup
Cooking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Red Chili powder - 1/2 tsp

For Pakodas

Potato Masala - 2 tbsp per sandwich
Bread Slices - 4 nos
Oil for shallow frying

Method to prepare:

Take the flour, salt, chili powder and soda in a bowl. Add required water to get a thick batter.

Spread potato masala on the bread. Cut diagonally into two halves. Spread the batter on top and sides

Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil. Place the pakodas and cook on low flame for it to get done. Flip on the other side and cook till it is done.

Serve with ketchup.


Deep frying this will get it more oily that can be avoided when packed for kid's lunch

Quick and Simple Lunch Box recipes for Kids


No comments:

Post a Comment