Friday, October 28, 2011

Sweet Poli with Badam Katli | Cashew Almond Nuts Poli | Cooking with leftovers

If you are wondering how on earth I could have something like the Badam Katli leftover! Well you are right, it was actually leftover by chance. And when I have been breaking my head on the ideas for today's post, I suddenly remembered about making sweet polis. Athamma is always after me to make some nuts poli for the kids. So I thought I might as well try couple of recipes today.

I kneaded the dough to make the polis, and realized it got late for me. So in went the dough to be made for dinner. So in literally sense even the dough is a leftover!
I used two recipes for this. One is the leftover badam katli which was microwaved and used as stuffing. You just go about making the polis as you would regularly do.


Badam Katli Poli

Microwave the Badam Katli with 1 tsp of milk, microwave for 20 secs, and knead into a dough. Make a dough with 1/2 cup All purpose and 2 tsp ghee. Knead into a stiff dough. Rest it for a while.

Stuff and roll as you would do with regular polis.

Cook on hot tawa with ghee on both sides.


Cashew Almond Nuts Poli

Ingredients Needed

For the dough

All purpose flour - 1/2 cup

Ghee - 2 tsp

For the stuff

Cashew Almond powder - 2 tsp
Condensed Milk - 2 tsp

How to make the Cashew Almond Poli.

In a microwave safe bowl, take the cashew almond poli, add condensed milk. Micro for 30 secs. The mix will get thicken. Blend well to make a thick paste.

Knead the dough into a stiff one and rest for 30 mins, else refrigerate. When ready to make, remove and knead well. 

Make a circle with the outer being thin and middle thick, place the stuff in the middle and enclose all over 

Dust with flour and roll out into thin polis.

Heat a tawa and when hot cook these polis on both sides with ghee or oil.

I was very happy knowing that this was very tasty and Konda loved it. So you can imagine my happiness in finding out another perfect dish that she likes.

Sending this to Harini who is hosting Kid's Delight, themed on Dressing up Leftovers for Kids

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#9

No comments:

Post a Comment