Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Paratha with leftover dal | Cooking with leftovers | Step by Step Recipes

I wish all my readers a great Deepavali / Diwali!

Check out my Deepavali treats that we made.

For today's Marathon post, it was a simple paratha with Masoor dal. Konda had it for her breakfast and liked it a lot.

Parathas are always a great hit with kids. You can use anything that's leftover and mix into the atta to make parathas. These are ideal dishes for packing for kid's lunch box. I normally make with aloo, paneer, dal etc. You can just about add anything to the flour and make parathaas. Serve with curds and pickle. My daughter prefers this to other lunch boxes.









I used Masoor ki Dal

Take wheat flour, add the dal. You will need to add extra chili powder, salt and cumin powder as the dal will be bland when you use it later.

Knead to a stiff dough.

Heat a tawa. Roll out as parathas. Since kids like small rotis, I used a mold to cut out smaller parathas.

Cook on greased tawa on both sides and serve!


Sending this to Harini who is hosting Kid's Delight, themed on Dressing up Leftovers for Kids

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#9

No comments:

Post a Comment