Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How to Make a Chocolate Banana Smoothie | Step by Step Recipe

With summer being at its peak, I am sure we can do with lots of liquids in different forms. Smoothies come to rescue by being more creamy and rich. And if you want to use up any fruit, this is the best choice. I do this regularly with banana and it turns out great. When I decided on Summer Coolers, I thought I should make at least one smoothie and nothing like a chocolate added to it.

I finally settled down with Banana Chocolate Smoothie. This hardly takes time and suits best for breakfast if you are not conscious about including banana in your diet. But imagine my surprise when the kids refused to have this. They simply love Chocolate milkshake, which is an everyday affair. They love banana but they said they won't have because banana is added to chocolate. I couldn't understand the logic. I was thinking because they like both, putting them together should excite them. But the opposite happened.

Because they refused to drink, hubby dear and I had it for our breakfast and it was really very delicious. When I think my kids will like something, they surprise me by not even touching it. Maybe I haven't done a good PR job..:)


Step by Step Pictures to make




Chocolate Banana Smoothie

Ingredients Needed:

Chocolate Syrup - 3 tbsp
Banana - 1 big
Milk - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 tsp
Ice cubes as required
Finely chopped almonds for garnish (opt)

Method to prepare:

In a mixer, take all the ingredients and pulse it for couple of times. If required you can add some ice cubes at the final stage also.

Finally garnish with almond flakes.

Sending this to Kid's Delight hosted this month PJ, themed on Cool Comforts


Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me 

Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Aarthi, Divya, Jayashree, Kaveri, Pavani,
Seven Days of Indian Sweets:Gayathri, Priya Suresh,
Seven Days of Microwave Meals: Monika,
Seven Days of Regional Specials:Harini, Vaishali, Suma, PJ
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special: Kalyani
Summer Coolers: Jayasree, Kamalika, Srivalli

No comments:

Post a Comment