Sunday, May 8, 2011

Coconut Groundnut Sesame Balls | Kobari Senega Ginjalu Nuvvulu Laddo

Well the name got too long is what I finally thought for a laddo that was quite small and compact. I actually wanted to leave with the English name of this dish. But couldn't miss out the chance of expanding my knowledge of writing Telugu names for the ingredients I use. Laddos are quite frequent at our home, with us making a quick fix based on the need of the hour. These laddos were something I made first when I went for the bloggers meet some months ago. Even though we had the plans well fixed in advance, last minute work kept me from making what I had planned. So I asked Athamma what was the quickest sweet that I can take for my friends and she suggested I make this.

I wasn't sure how much my friends liked it. But Kamakshi wrote back asking me for the recipe, I was happy knowing they liked the laddos.
Today we start the Blogging Marathon Edition 5, which is going to happen for three weeks with about 13 bloggers doing each week. As you may have read we had some exciting themes this time too. I planned to make sweets for the first week. So stay tuned for the sweet attack.

How to make the laddos
Roast the ingredients separately and allow to cool.
Grind them to coarse or smooth texture according to your taste.
Roll them into small balls using your hand like this.
Get a perfect Laddo done in the end!

Coconut Groundnut Sesame Balls


Ingredients Needed:

Roasted Coconut, grated - 4 cups

roasted Groundnut, - 1 cup
Sesame - 1 cup
Jaggary - 2 cups
Cardomom pw - 5 pods
Ghee - 2 tsp


Method to prepare:


Roast coconut, groundnut and sesame separately, except cardamon


Allow to cool, once they are cool grind all the ingredients separately to coarse consistency


Pound the jaggary to powder. Finally mix everything together and add hot ghee. if you find the ingredients very coarse, pulse them together for them to get glued.


Using your palm, roll them into balls and press well so that they retain their shape.




Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me

Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Cool Lassi(e), Harini, Kalyani, Priya Mahadevan, Suma  
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special: Priya Suresh, Veena,  
Seven Days of Indian Sweets: Shylaja, Srivalli  
Seven Days of Regional Specials: Priya Yallapantula  
Under 15 mins Quick Breakfast:Aarthi, Vaishali

 

No comments:

Post a Comment