Sunday, January 15, 2012

Easy Fudge Recipe | How to make Fudge in Microwave | Chocolate Fudge with Condensed Milk ~ Step by Step Recipe

When I decided on the Blogging Marathon this month, it never struck me that we are going out of town during the Pongal holidays and that I might not be exactly at my desk to check it out. Once I was over my apprehension on that fact, I decided I should at least make these chocolate dishes ready ahead so that I can plan well. Athamma left for her home town a week ahead of us. The day being a Sunday, I decided to make my chocolate dishes in the evening.

First was this simple Fudge recipe where I used only the Semi Sweet Chocolate chunks with Condensed Milk. This is such a quick dish to make, though if you really want to eat it as a fudge you got to wait for at least an hour for it to get solid.  Chinnu was restless and eat it much earlier and loved it every bit. I literally had to hide it for clicking some pictures. Then again I am always in a rush that my pictures these days are so hurried.

Today we are starting the 12th Edition of Blogging Marathon, and I decided on making Chocolates. Since I have Chocolate Mela going on, what other way to enjoy mine and my kid's favorite. So for the next seven days I will be sharing my most liked chocolate recipes.
There is no dearth of chocolate recipes that I have filed up to try. However inspiration for this comes from a glance at one of the cooking show that comes in Chutti TV that runs non stop at my place. I must have seen this recipe couple of times but both the times I was just passing by and I noticed chocolate chip and condensed milk was used. Since I wasn't up to using up my stock of chocolate chips, I thought I should make use of the cooking chocolate slabs that I have with me. I was just going on a hunch to make this and knew however it turns out, I will still have takers for chocolate at home.

Just as thought, my kids loved it. The fudge looked best, in the actual Fudge like after two days, when I tried my best to save up the stock and not let the kids complete it right then. Make very small pieces and stock, use very sparingly as it's highly addictive and you can't just stop with one!


Step by Step Picture Recipe












This is a super quick method to make Chocolate Fudge in Microwave.

Ingredients Needed:

Semi Sweet Chocolates - 1 cup
Condensed Milk - 1/4 cup

How make quick and easy Chocolate Fudge:

In a microwave safe bowl, take the semi sweets chocolate chunks and nuke for a min. Remove and whisk for couple of times. Then again put it back for 30 secs.

Depending on your microwave you may need to micro for another 30 secs. But be very cautious to confirm the chocolate is melted is not getting burnt.

Remove and whisk again for a smooth texture.

Add condensed milk and microwave for 1 min 30 secs. Whisk well to get a smooth sauce.

Prep a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Grease with butter/ ghee.  Pour the chocolate sauce over the prepped plate and refrigerate for at least an hour. Cube into smaller pieces and indulge in this sinful temptations.

While I was making it Konda was restless to taste. When she did, she said it tastes so much like cadburys' dairy milk chocolate. And couldn't wait to eat it. I always think the best compliment she gives is when she says she wants to take it for her friends.


Sending this to:
Kavi, who is guest hosting Kid's Delight themed on Something Sweet
Kalyani who is hosting MEC, for the January Edition
and my own Chocolate Mela

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 12

No comments:

Post a Comment