Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Eggless Chocolate Melting Moments | Melting Moments with Chocolate | Step by Step Recipe

After the brownie and fudge I thought I must make some cookies and was browsing some chocolate books that I have on hand. Then deciding that Internet must have some good eggless cookies, I landed in Joy of baking space to discover these melting moments. Then I realized that in recent times I have seen so many versions of this on many blogs. I liked the simple one that this recipe gave and I simply added cocoa to make it chocolate.

My boys refuse to eat anything that doesn't look like chocolate. On reading the description it is said that these melting moments are similar to yet another version of cookies called the Mexican wedding cakes. Both the cookies are round balls, dusted with confectioners sugar. And both are butter based that gives that melt in the mouth taste. The only difference between the both is that ground nuts are used in Mexican Wedding Cakes, while cornstarch is used in melting moments...how delicious. My next venture will surely be Mexican wedding cake, or maybe I have already made it without knowing the name.


We were off to our sis-in-laws place for pongal and just came back. I baked a huge batch of four different cookies for them. Everybody loved and were so amazed that those were homemade. These melt in the mouth cookies were so much of a hit and my kids loved it. Especially the sugar dusted on the top made these so delicious to munch on.













Eggless Chocolate Melting Moments Recipe

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
Cornstarch / Cornflour - 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar / Icing Sugar - 3/4 cup
Butter - 3/4 cup(in room temperature)
Cocoa powder - 2 tsps
Icing Sugar for dusting - 2 tbsp

How to bake Melting Moments:

In a bowl, sieve the flour cornflour and cocoa powder together. In another bowl, cream the sugar and butter together well till it becomes soft and fluffy. Then add the flour the butter slowly and mix well. The dough will be soft and easy to handle.

Pre heat the oven at 185 Deg C, grease a baking tray and drop in balls of the dough on the greased tray.

Bake the cookies at 185 C for 15 mins. Once done check and make sure it's cooked. Bake for another 5 mins and allow to cool. Sometimes it may take another 10 more minutes.

Let it cool completely before removing from the tray and dusting with some icing sugar.

Once it's cooled the sugar gets into the cookies and you get that soft melt in the mouth taste.


Sending this to:
Kavi, who is guest hosting Kid's Delight themed on Something Sweet

and my own Chocolate Mela


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 12

No comments:

Post a Comment