Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sada Muruku ~ Savory Crunchies for Kids!

Getting the right snack for Konda becomes tough most of the days. What with her specific interest, I am also breaking my head wondering what to send as snacks. Most times, I pack some wrappers, sometimes corn puffs. At times, we get sweets that she likes. But when you buy sweets, you got to ensure you complete them on time. So she will be forced to carry them for two days. By then she gets bored.
Then I make some snacks with bread. Most times I feel I am out of ideas. That's when these home made crunches, save. I made Sev, mostly they get completed the same time. Other options care Salt diamonds, or sugar diamonds as I call. Since I have never actually attempted at making a full fledged murukus, these were done with hope that I will venture into it.
To make these more healthy, we used sajja or pearl millet flour. These came out so delicious and kids simply loved. The bowl that was made was almost completed the same day.

Ingredients Needed:
Sada pindi - 1 cup
Rice pindi - 2 tsp
Jeera seeds
Awain
Salt to taste
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Method to prepare:
Take all the ingredients in a wide vessel, using warm water, knead to a stiff dough.

Have the kadai with oil on stove. Divide the dough into big balls. Press the dough into the Muruku press, over the hot oil. Cook on both sides.

Drain on a kitchen towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment