Friday, November 28, 2008

Creamy 4 Cheese Macaroni

I have been hard pressed to get an American dish ready for the AWED event hosted by Dhivi. Since the time she announced, I have been looking for a suitable one that would fit my schedule. Because of the Recipe Marathon, I found it really tough to fit in another one to experiment. Then I came across this simple recipe from one the of the sites that Dhivi sent across. I really don't remember which one it was. But I noted the recipe down, I had to get most of the things but they were easy to find and some replaced with what I had. Peddu and Chinnu were keenly observing what I was doing. The moment the clicking was done, they came with plates to taste the macroni.

Though Chinnu didn't like it, Peddu liked and went on to complete the plate. Looks like both of them have different tastes. This does get done in minutes if you are doing it in Microwave. Yes I have an entry waiting for my event MEC themed on Cheese and hosted by Pavani this Month.


I am giving both the original recipe and what I have modified for reference.


Ingredients:

Flour - 1/3 cup
Milk - 2 2/3 cup
Low Fat 1%
Fontina cheese - 3/4 cup-
Parmesan cheese - 1/2 cup
Cheddar cheese shredded - 1/2 cup
Processed American cheese -- 3 oz
Macaroni -- 6 c
Salt to taste
Melba toast -- onion flvr : crushed - 1/2 c (I used regular one)
Butter - 1 tablespoon

Method to prepare:

Take the Macroni in a bowl of water and micro for 5 mins or till its well cooked.

Place flour in microwave pan, add milk stirring until blended. Cook for 2 mins
Add cheeses, micro for 2 min or until cheese melts. remove from heat.

Stir in macaroni and salt. Spoon mixture into another mw pan and coated. Combine crushed toasts and butter in a small bowl; stir until well blended.

Sprinkle over macaroni bake 3 min. until bubbly.

I didnt' have Melba toaste, used little of the regular one. Velveeta cheese was advised, but I used regular one.

Sending this to Dhivi for her AWED American, not sure how original this recipe is, but my kid sure liked it.

Sending this to Pavani for MEC: Cheese, which is a Microwave Easy Cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment